Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dirty Dishes, Bad Moods and an ER Visit

Dirty Dishes:

Is it just me, or does anyone else out there have a DH who loads the dishwasher and then thinks the kitchen is clean, even when the pots and pans are still dirty, the stove and counters needs to be wiped off? Who knows, maybe I have the only man out there that will actually attempt cleaning the kitchen.  Here is my problem:

Why is it that when a man cleans the kitchen it is totally acceptable for him to just load the dishwasher and leave everything else, but when you clean the kitchen they expect you to do everything? Case in point, my DH.  A few days ago he loaded the dishwasher but left all the pots and pans and a few other dishes.  Don't him I said this, but the man knows how to pack a car but doesn't know the first thing about loading a dishwasher to get the maximum results! Anyway, he asked me if I would wash the pots and pans.  At that point I had been nursing a headache for about 5 days but told him I would get around to it. Since I don't work I had all the next day to do it but had my therapy appointment and by the time I got home my head was hurting so bad I laid down and never got around to getting them washed.  DH cooked dinner that night and added another pan to the stack on the stove and made no attempt to clean anything himself.  Next day, I go to the doctor, get the results  from my pregnancy blood work, have my emotional breakdown, feel like crap cause I still have this horrible headache which has been with me for a week now, and I don't get the dishes washed up.  DH comes home, makes dinner, adds two more pots and a pan to the stack which has now spilled over to the counter beside the stove.  Still he doesn't wash them. 

At this point ALL of our pots and pans are dirty!  Dishes in the dishwasher are clean but still sitting there and the sink is full of dirty dishes.  Does he take it upon himself to help me out when I'm not feeling good and clean the kitchen?  NO!  Instead he gets pissed off at me and starts yelling at me about how I need to get up off the couch and clean the kitchen. So I tell him I would except my head feels like it is going to explode and I don't feel like doing it right then and before he comes home the next day it will be done.  Then I said, "If you are so worried about the dishes getting washed why don't you do it yourself?" and he says, "Because you said you were going to do it and I already cleaned the kitchen this week."  Umph!  Well, la te da!  So yesterday, I cleaned the kitchen, the whole while moaning and groaning about him the whole time.  I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, washed all the pots and pans, and wiped down the stove and counters.  Guess how long it took me?  30 minutes.  My head felt like a time bomb waiting to explode but I did it and you know what?  HE DIDN'T SAY A WORD ABOUT IT WHEN HE GOT HOME!  Go figure!

So am I the only one in the world with a husband like this?

Bad Moods and ER Visit:

Now on to the bad mood and ER visit.  So DH came home yesterday and informs me he is exhausted cause he only slept 3 hours the night before.  Not my fault you stayed up late watching TV.  What happened to the guy who used to say he could live on 4 or 5 hours sleep?  Guess being over 40 now he can't do that!  Anyway, we eat dinner and watch a little TV.  Not once did DH ask how I was feeling or if my headache was better.  It has slowly been getting worse all day long.  In fact I had started having some dizziness and blurred vision with the sharp pains that I get every once in a while.  So I'm sitting there and about 8:00pm I tell DH that I think I need to go to the ER cause this headache has gotten so intense that the meds aren't even taking the edge off anymore.  He flips totally out.  Starts yelling, "I can't believe it.  You wait until now? I got 3 hours of sleep and you tell me now you want to go to the ER? I was about to go to bed? Unbelievable!" He storms off and I hear, "Well, let's go then" and a crash in the bedroom as something hits the wall.

I told him never mind, I would have my mom drive over and meet me at the hospital so he can sleep and he insists no, he will be the one to take me and stay with me.  I told him if he was going to be in a pissy mood I would rather him stay home.  Never once on the way to the ER did he ask what exactly was wrong, how I was feeling or if I needed anything.  Where was my loving and attentive guy that was with me in the ER 5 weeks ago?  Apparently, that guy was in a bad mood for a couple of reasons: #1 Because I was supposed to take our car in this week to have some work done on it before we hit our warranty mileage and it wasn't getting done in the time HE thought it should  AND #2 He was going to miss one of his favorite TV shows (I just know this is one of the reasons he was upset!).  I think him being tired was just an excuse!

We pulled into the hospital and he didn't even drop me off.  He parked and made me walk up to the building, by myself none the less cause he was still so PO'd that he wouldn't walk beside me.  I got checked in and we sat there waiting.  He sat all closed off, not offering any type of comfort or show of concern for me at all.  I kept asking if he wanted me to call my mom to come and he said no.  Finally by the time I got called back into an actual room he had gotten better and was a little more concerned.  After 4 hours, 1 CT Scan, 4 vials of blood, and 1 IV of good Pain meds later, they sent me home with a prescription FOR THE SAME MEDS THAT I ALREADY HAD THAT I TOLD THEM WEREN'T WORKING!!!!!!!  I guess the good thing is that my CT Scan and blood work all came back fine.  Bad news is...I STILL HAVE A HEADACHE :( 

On a better note, the DH was in a better mood and really took care of me when we got home from the hospital.  Gave me my meds and got me in bed.....he even went and got the car and picked me up at the door when we left the hospital!  He told me not to worry about the car, that we would get it taken in at some point.  He even turned off my alarm this morning so I could sleep as long as I needed to.  Note...he never apologized, but saying what he did was his way of apologizing. 

No comments: